23 mars 2022 admin3609

Student Finance England (SFE) is a service provided by the Student Loans Company

On 31 st we interviewed the QA Higher Education Finance Manager, , regarding all things Student Finance England and funding for undergraduate and postgraduate QA Higher Education programmes. Here are the notes from the interview.

They provide financial support on behalf of the UK Government to students entering higher education in the UK. Student Finance England offer funding for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The financial support potentially being, a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan.

These loans apply to students who are studying or going to study on an undergraduate course. A tuition fee loan is paid directly to the University to help pay your tuition fees. A maintenance loan helps towards your living costs, such as food, rent and books. The amount you can borrow depends on your household income, your course and where you live and study.

A loan application can be submitted up to the amount of ?10,000+. The loan is paid directly to you, to be used towards payment of your course fees. There is no separate maintenance loan.

All postgraduate applications are completed online. However with undergraduate applications, some are submitted online or a form is required. Students who are applying as a ‘Home’ student can complete the application online, whilst students applying as a ‘migrant worker’ complete the PN1 form and post to Student Finance England. Both of these applications will be assessed for tuition fees and maintenance, it is the supporting evidence which differs. If students do not have the required evidence they may have the option to apply as an ‘EU’ student, this is where a student applies for tuition fees only. Form EU17N would be required in this instance.

If a student is applying as a ‘Home’ student they are either a UK national, have settled status or hold an EU passport, with five years of residency in the UK. If a student is applying as a ‘migrant worker’ they hold an EU passport, and either they or a family member with the same surname have been working in the UK for at least three months prior to the start of their course. If a student does not meet either of these requirements, however they hold an EU passport that is when can apply as an ‘EU’ tuition fees only application.

The average application processing time is three weeks from all evidence being received, for updates call Student Finance England every few days for an update 0300 100 0031 and check their online account.

The average application processing time for a home or migrant worker is eight weeks. This is from all evidence being received by Student Finance England. Students should call Student Finance England every few days for an update 0300 100 0607 and check their online account. The application processing time as an EU student (tuition fee only) is four weeks. This is from all evidence being received by Student Finance England, again they should call Student Finance every few days 0141 243 3570.

If a student is married or has children, they require marriage and birth certificates. If a student has applied as a ‘Home’ student, with an EU passport and residency in the UK for five years they will need to submit evidence of their residency for the full five years, such as bank statements and council tax bills. Students applying as a ‘migrant worker’ need to submit their contract, payslips or invoices every month, bank statements, P45 and P60. When submitting their application I would recommend a student calls Student Finance England directly and requests what information they will need to send.

Yes, students under the age of 25, and those married or living with a partner will need to complete the PFF2 form to support the application.

Once a student is enrolled, satisfied attendance requirements they should allow up to ten working days for payment to be made from the date of approval. The ten days allows for national insurance checks by Student Finance England, and attendance and registration to be confirmed by the University.

A postgraduate loan can help with course fees and living costs while you study a postgraduate course

On their enrolment every student will meet with a member of the University Finance Department. An instalment plan will be created when they enrol. The instalment plan correspond with the payment schedule given by Student Finance England and a direct debit will be set up between the student and University. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure payments are made on time.

If an error has been made when providing the course information a change of circumstance will need to be submitted. If the course date which has been selected has not passed they will be able to complete the amendment themselves. Home students can request the change via their Student Finance portal. To do this, they log in to your Student Finance application, on the homepage under the application at the bottom it will show “change your application”. The next page will have a list, please then select “university/college details change”. The option to amend course information will appear. If it does not appear instead they will need to complete the C01 (change of circumstances) form. Please print, complete the form and submit to Student Finance England. Alternatively they can request the form be posted to them by calling Student Finance England, 0300 100 0607.If the course date has passed we can submit a change of circumstance only once your application has been approved and they are enrolled. If a change of circumstance is submitted it can take up to six weeks for amendments to be made, as it needs to be reassessed by Student Finance England.

I would advise to have all evidence required by Student Finance England, such as bank statements, council tax bills submitted as soon as possible

Each student has different households and circumstances. Some students may be eligible to apply for additional grants such as Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs), Childcare grant, Parents’ Learning Allowance or Adult Dependants’ Grant. I would recommend they contact Student Finance England directly for further information. They will require evidence for any additional grants.

If they are unsure of the information they are providing to Student Finance England, to contact first Student Finance directly or contact their recruiter or us the University Finance Department. Delays are mostly caused by evidence being submitted late.

If you would like to ask further questions https://badcreditloanshelp.net/payday-loans-ct/ or need assistance with your Student Finance Application please come in to campus and meet the University Finance Team.

Rate this post